And the winner is...
The Gentle Doctor by Christian Petersen!
There are actually two casts of The Gentle Doctor in the Veterinary Medicine Complex; a bronze cast is located in the south courtyard and a terra cotta cast is located inside the Hixson-Lied Small Animal Hospital. Petersen originally created the sculpture in 1937-1938.
Thanks to all who voted; we had over 2500 votes cast during the last two weeks. We will be selecting the winner of the Campus Beautiful publication (a $100 value) this week and will contact the winner by email.
The Art on Campus Collection contains more than 2,500 objects, making it one of the most extensive on-campus public art programs in the United States. The many works of art in the collection can be found in open spaces, buildings, courtyards, hallways, and classrooms across campus.