Excited about a program but feeling nervous about how to use Webex? Never fear! We have created a simple set up guide to set up for success as well as scheduled a practice event for you to log on and test everything out. We recommend you follow our guide’s instructions on how to download the Webex application (free of charge) for the best results.
Guide for Attending Webex Events
1. We have found that the most reliable way for connecting to Webex is to download the application ahead of time on your computer, tablet or phone. This can be done by visiting webex.com and clicking Download in the upper right corner of the screen. The program is free. The download should appear in the lower left corner of your browser window. Double click it to set it up. Follow the prompts to complete the download.
2. When it is time for the program, click the event link to open the program. This will open your Webex application. You may be asked to enter your name and email upon entry to the event.
3. A preview screen will open and you will need to click the green Join event button on the center of the screen.
4. Please note in a Webex event you will not have your video or sound on. This platform looks more like a webinar in that you will see and hear only the host and presenter. You can however interact using the Chat and Q & A feature.
5. On the right hand side there is a Q&A and Chat Panel. Participants can ask questions or make comments during the presentation.
6. For a more detailed look at some of Webex’s function have a look at this guide.
7. We recommend you log in a few minutes early to make sure your connection is working. We make events available 10-15 minutes beforehand to give time for log in issues. If you have trouble you can call the University Museums’ office at 515-294-3342 and we will do our best to help you.