John H. Maves Internship (Education & Research)
- Understand the importance of education and research in the museum field.
- Work closely with museum educators and curators to care for the Art on Campus collection
- Develop and implement educational programming.
- Research objects in preparation for future exhibitions.
Anderson Sculpture Garden Internship/Student Employee
- Gain practical hands-on experience maintaining the University Museums' sculpture garden.
- Work with museum staff to plant and maintain the garden.
- Assist with the care of objects in the garden and the wider Art on Campus Collection.
Art on Campus Collection Internship/Student Employee
- Inventory & condition reports for works of art in public spaces around campus
- Database management with The Museum System (TMS)
- Assist in exhibition installations
Margaret Davidson Collections Management Internship
- Understand the importance of collection management in the museum field.
- Gain knowledge of proper object documentation, photographing, and research.
- Gain insight into the care and maintenance of a collection.
Margaret Davidson Curatorial Internship
- Understand the importance of object and collection research in the museum field.
- Gain knowledge of key curatorial components - education, research, documentation.
- Gain insight into exhibition installation & permanent collection installation of Art on Campus.
Margaret Davidson Public Relations Internship
- Understand the importance of public relations in the museum field
- Possible areas of practice include:
- Brand management, campaigns, social media, website maintenance, marketing
- Video, graphic design, layout, photography, audio/video tech support
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Rush)
Richard Taylor Education Internship
- Understand the importance of education in the museum field.
- Gain knowledge of audience development through educational techniques.
- Gain insight into exhibition installations that utilize educational principles.
Wayne & Eleanor Ostendorf Farm House Museum Undergraduate Assistant
- Understand all aspects of daily Farm House Museum operations.
- Gain knowledge in the care and development of collections and collection-based research.
- Gain insight into exhibitions and work as a team member to develop integrated curatorial and educational programming and other learning opportunities.
Lynette Pohlman Museum Fellowship (separate application)
- Gain hands-on experience in a museum setting.
- Enrich your academic experience.
- Broaden your understanding of art, art history, cultural arts and the relevant role of museums in the lives of citizens.
- Assist curators and staff on exhibitions, collections, programs, and special projects.
- Fellows are matched with a museum staff mentor.