Posted on July 1, 2019 at 11:30 AM by Betsy Grabinski
After an extensive restoration that lasted from 1971 to 1976, the Farm House Museum officially opened to the public on July 4, 1976. Originally constructed in 1860, it was the first building on campus and was known as Iowa State Model Farm and College. It later served as living quarters for various Iowa State presidents, deans, professors, farmhands and students. As a National History Landmark, the Farm House Museum has been open to students faculty and community members for 43 years.
Please note the Farm House Museum is currently closed for the summer.